Jungle Babies - Whimsy Stamps March Release

Happy Weekend Friends! The Whimsy New Release celebrations continue today. My second card for the release shows the adorable NEW Jungle Babies by Deb Davis.

I stamped these stinkin' cute animal babies and leaves with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Hammermill 100lbs color copy paper. This is my favorite paper to use if I plan to color with Copics. (see list of colors used below). I then fussy cut the images.
I also used 2 dies from the NEW Pierced and Stitched Circles die set to cut out the frame from green cardstock for my background window. I used the 4th and 5th largest of the dies. 
For my circle background window I cut a circle with the 4th largest die of the Pierced and Stitched Circles die set from 140 lbs mixed media paper (I prefer Strathmore). To create the blue background I used ZIG clean color brush pens in blue and cobalt blue. Added lots of water with a number 8 silver black velvet brush to create a wash. I then sprinkled on some clear water as well as watered down blue and cobalt blue colors to create the speckles.


On the kraft cardstock panel I stamped the flower included with the Jungle Babies set with Memento Desserst Sand. I did not like the kraft panel when it was sitting blank behind the window. I wanted to add a soft pattern that does not distract from the main images. This worked out pretty well. With a white gel pen I added some little dots to each flower center.

I used a A2 size top fold card base in medium blue. Added a soft green panel that is slightly smaller than the card base. On top of that I added my kraft panel in a slight angle. I added the circle window with foam tape to give some dimension to my card. I arranged the images around the circle and glued them down.
As a final step I stamped one of the sentiments from the set onto medium blue cardstock and die cut using  the Quick Strips die set. I also die cut a shadow layer from black cardstock.



List of Copic used:

Lion: YR12, YR21, YR24, YR14, Y26
Monkey: E50, E53, E55, E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
R02, R01, R00
Leaves: G40, G43, G85, E15, E18, Y35


List of Whimsy goodies:


*NEW Jungle Babies Clear Stamps   *NEW Pierced and Stitched Circles Die Set   Quick Strips die set display.jpeg   Crafty Foam Tape White  

Copic Sketch Markers Cadmium Red [Pack Of 3] (3PK-R27S)   Memento Full-Size Ink Pad - Tuxedo Black   Memento Full-Size Ink Pad - Desert Sand

Nuve - Deluxe Adhesive


Thanks for visiting my blog today!
Hugs,

Comments