January 15, 2019

Love You to the Moon and Back!


Happy Tuesday Crafty Friends! I am here today with a cute extraterrestrial card :-) I just love these little alien monsters from the A Boy's Dream clear set. I combined the set with the Moon Background rubber stamp for my outer space card.



To make this card I started out with making my galaxy background. There are many different ways to make these galaxy backgrounds. You can use distress inks, watercolors, spray inks etc. I combined two techniques and used spray inks and distress inks together. I sprayed various bright ink colors on a panel of mixed media cardstock and let them dry. I prefer mixed media paper for inking and spraying techniques over regular cardstock. They ink up easier, blending is like a dream and they wont soak through. I used Distress Spray inks (broken china, picked raspberry, wild honey) and Heidi Swapp color shine sprays (citron, teal). You can use whatever spray inks you have on hand. After everything had dried thoroughly I started sponging over my sprayed background panel with Distress inks blueprint sketch and black soot. I put on more ink around the edges of the panel to make them darker and let the sprayed colors shine through in the middle to create that characteristic colorful nebular like deep space look. 
After another through drying time (you can speed that up by using a heat tool) I first spritzed on some water and dabbed it off. Then I used white acrylic paint to sprinkle on tiny stars for the milky way effect. To finish off my galaxy background I carefully sprinkled on some distress ink brushed pewter (from a spray bottle using the applicator). I just added a few silvery speckles to add some bling. The Heidi Swapp color shine sprays are shimmery too and even after inking over them you can still see the shimmer which creates a really neat effect on this galaxy background.



I then stamped the moon background onto white Copic friendly cardstock using Memento Tuxedo black ink. Using several different grey tones (see color list beneath) I colored the craters with Copics. I then cut out the moon and adhered it to my background panel (see card).
I also stamped the images onto Copic friendly cardstock using Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored them with Copics as well. After fussy cutting the images I adhered them to the BG panel with foam tape and glue.





I kept my BG panel slimmer than my card base and added a strip of white glitter paper to the left. After adhering both to the card base I still needed a sentiment. I stamped one of the sentiments that are included with the set onto a piece of violet shimmer cardstock with Versamark ink. I added black embossing powder and heat embossed. I glued on the sentiment strip and added some decorative staples on one side. Adding some star shaped gemstones and clear flat back drops finishes off my card.




Copic colors used:
N1, N2, T0, T2, T4, C1, C3, C5
B0000, RV00, RV10,
BV0000, BV0000, BV00, BV02, BV04, BV08
Y13, Y26, Y35, YG00, YG03, YG05,


Whimsy store goodies:

*NEW A Boy's Dream Clear Stamps    *NEW Moon Background Rubber Cling Stamp   Distress Ink Mini Pad - Black Soot Ink Blending Tool   

VersaMark Full-Size Ink Pad - Original (Clear)    Copic Sketch Markers Cadmium Red [Pack Of 3] (3PK-R27S)   Memento Full-Size Ink Pad - Tuxedo Black   Crafty Foam Tape White   Nuve - Deluxe Adhesive     Sparkletz - Starry Sky   Sparkletz - Jelly Fish   Black Embossing Powder


Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time and leaving me some love! It's greatly appreciated and just made my day! :-)