September 1, 2018

Whimsy Stamps September Release Day 1 - Delightful Daisies

It's the first of the month again and time for Whimsy Stamps September Release! All the new goodies are available NOW in the store. There are 5 days scheduled on the Whimsy blog to introduce all the new goodies to you and give you lots of awesome inspiration from our super talented Whimsy Creative Team.

All of the new products are AVAILABLE NOW for purchase. CLICK HERE to be taken directly to the Whimsy store.

Here is my inspiration for todays release day using the NEW Delightful Daisies Background Stamp:


Here is how I created my card: 

I stamped the Delightful Daisies Background Stamp onto Hammermill 100lbs digital cover stock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored some of the daisy flowers with Copics. My coloring was inspired by Alyce's Free Floral Class over at Kit and Clowder.
I then cut out the flowers and went around the cut edges with my Copic Black110 pen to cover any white spots. 

On each flower center I added a few dots with a glue pen, let it dry and added different colored foil to match the flowers. These tiny foiled dots give some extra sparkle to the flowers (see photo below).

To create the background I airbrushed with a light blue Copic pen and added golden spots using Gansai Tambi golden water color.

I added the flowers in over lapping layers using foam tape. In two opposite corners I stamped doodles from the FADoodles stamp set using Versafine Clair Nocturne ink. 

For the sentiment I stamped words from the Cheeky Sentiments set onto heavy vellum with Versamark ink, added extra fine white embossing powder and heat embossed. To get the ragged edges I tore the vellum instead of cutting. I then adhered the vellum sentiment band across my card covering part of the image. 

To finish my card off I added different size sequins in gold, clear and purple.

Here is a close up where you can see the foiled dots in the flower centers.



Here are the Whimsy products I used:

(Affiliated links used at no extra cost to you! Thank you!)



*NEW Delightful Daisies Background Rubber Cling Stamp   Copic Sketch Markers Cadmium Red [Pack Of 3] (3PK-R27S)       Memento Full-Size Ink Pad - Tuxedo Black    VersaFine CLAIR Ink Pad - Nocturne (black)          FaDoodles Too   VersaMark Full-Size Ink Pad - Original (Clear)   White Embossing Powder    Sequin Pack - Painted Garden



Hugs,

1 comment:

  1. What a GORGEOUS use of this background stamp - LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time and leaving me some love! It's greatly appreciated and just made my day! :-)