August 20, 2018

Happy Hello

Hello and Happy Monday All! I have more alcohol ink creations coming up. One of them is the card I want to share today.

On this card I used several different Whimsy products. Everything from the Whimsy store I used on my card will be linked below.


First I created an alcohol ink background on YUPO paper with red, orange and yellow colors and applied red foil marbles. (How to do this can be found here). Then I stamped the Flower Puffs Background with Versamark ink and embossed with white super fine detail embossing powder. Heat embossing on YUPO paper is a bit tricky because YUPO is a synthetic paper and is very heat sensitive like vellum or acetate. Make sure your heat tool is very hot before you start melting the EP. Move your heat tool constantly do not stay in one spot too long or the YUPO will warp. Only apply heat in short intervals.

The word HAPPY was die cut from white heavy weight cardstock three times using the Bold ABC die set. I layered the letters to get a 3D effect. I die cut the foliage branch once from the same alcohol ink background and twice from red cardstock - layered in the same way as the letters. 

The word hello is a chipboard element also available from Whimsy stamps. I heat embossed the backing layer white and colored the main word with a red Copic marker.

I cut a piece of red cardstock and die cut one side using one of the Envelope Edger dies and on the opposite site I used the Straight Edger die set.

After assembling my card I added enamel dots and sequins to embellish. On the bold letters I added dots with a glue pen and after they dried I added red foil. I got this idea with the glue pen and foil from Jennifer McGuire. Love it and works great.


Whimsy products used:


Hello Word Chipboard   Straight Edger Die Set    *NEW Bold ABC Die Set   Copic Sketch Markers Cadmium Red [Pack Of 3] (3PK-R27S)   *NEW Envelope Edger Die Set     VersaMark Full-Size Ink Pad - Original (Clear)   White Embossing Powder    Christmas Cheer Enamel Dots     Leaf Foliage 2 Die Set    Sequin Pack - Sugar Maple       



Hugs,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time and leaving me some love! It's greatly appreciated and just made my day! :-)