June 25, 2019

Sleepy Sloth - Dreaming

Hello Friends! I have another super cute image to share with you today from this months release. It's from the 'Sleepy Sloth' clear set by Deb Davis


I stamped the sloth, moon and stars onto Strathmore 400 Series mixed media paper, colored them using my Albrecht Durer watercolor pencils from Faber Castell and fussy cut the images.
My favorite coloring medium at the moment. If you follow my blog you know I love to change my coloring mediums frequently, depending on my mood. I actually do not have one single favorite medium, I love them all. I love to have the possibility to choose from a wide range of coloring mediums depending on the image I want to color, what effect I want to create or what I feel like coloring with at the moment. Sometimes combining different mediums. For me this is all part of the creative process of making my cards and projects.

Here is a closer look at the little critter.

And here is a list of the colored pencils I used. I will be listing only numbers of the pencils colors. Because the names of the colors have changed over time not so the numbers and I have some older pencils with the old names on it. So to avoid any confusion numbers only:


Faber Castell Albrecht Durer Watercolor Pencils:

199, 177, 176, 175, 180, 173, 168, 132, 130, 232, 102, 107, 109, 186



The sentiment was stamped with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink onto a solid green sheet from the Otter 6x6 designer paper pack. I cut it out using a die from the Quick Strips set and layered it with black cardstock cut out the same way. To give some dimension and shine to the moon and stars I've added Glossy Accents.


I created the BG using the Farmhouse Greenery stencil and Versafine Clair Verdant ink. I used brushed to apply the ink, not so much a blending tool or a sponge. I bought some very soft but dense cosmetic blending brushes (they have the handle like a toothbrush not a regular brush, I think you know what I am talking about ;-) ) and they blend the ink like a charm. They work perfectly with stencils as well as you can see. The star cluster is included with the set and was stamped with Versafine Clair Cheerful ink  and I've added some sparkly dots with Stickles Stardust.


Here is a list of all the products I've used available in the Whimsy store:

Sleepy Sloths Clear Stamps   Quick Strips Die Set   Farmhouse Greenery Stencil
 *NEW 6x6 Paper Pack - Otters    Nuve - Deluxe Adhesive    

Crafty Foam Tape White   VersaFine CLAIR Ink Pad - Nocturne (black)   Stickles Glitter Glue - Star Dust   

VersaFine CLAIR Ink Pad - Verdant   VersaFine CLAIR Ink Pad - Cheerful   Glossy Accents  


Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time and leaving me some love! It's greatly appreciated and just made my day! :-)