June 15, 2017

Whimsy Stamps June Release - Day2


Welcome to Day 2 of the Whimsy Stamps June Relase.  I have two cards to share with you again today. My first card features a new rubber stamp by Elisabeth Bell - Tommy and Toby.




I colored again with Tombow Dual Brush pens. This time I used them more like I would use my Copics and not so much as watercolor pens. To blend I used the Tombow blender pen and only at the end I went over it with a damp brush to blend even more. I like the fact that you can blend these water based pens with each other as well as with the blender pen. As for the paper I used a Mixed Media Paper pad from Strathmore. I wanted a really smooth surface (no watercolor pad) for this technique. The mixed media is ideal because it can be used also with watercolors...if it doesn't get too wet. Damp is fine though. The paw die is also from the new release from the Paws to Remember die set.


My second card is CAS style (once again) and I used the NEW Paws to Remember clear set by Deb Davis.


Again I used Tombow Dual Brush markers and this time on hot press watercolor paper to creat this little scene.


I've added some shine to the sky. It's hard to see in the photo but it has such a beautiful soft sparkle to it. I used my Wink of Stella clear brush pen for that. It's just perfect for this little card.


Hugs,



1 comment:

  1. Your Tommy & Toby card is simply adorable and your PAWS to Remember card is a mini work of ART!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time and leaving me some love! It's greatly appreciated and just made my day! :-)