April 12, 2017

Whimsy Stamps April Rubber and Clear Release - Day 1


Whimsy Stamps April Rubber and Clear Release

Welcome Stamping Friends to Day 1 of the Whimsy April Rubber and Clear Release Celebrations!
The new stamps and dies are live in the store now! Click HERE to see all the new stamping goodness! If I counted right we have 10 new rubber stamps (eeeek soooo darn cute) 6 clear sets (amazing!) and 4 dies/sets (fantastic). 

So who wants to win some stamping goodies? You? yes of course you do! Make sure to hop on over to our Facebook Inspirations Group where the celebrations take place! There you will have the chance to participate in games and with some luck win some of the new goodies! Woohoo!

To give you some inspiration here are two cards I made with some of the new products. First up is a card using one of Crissy's new stamps called Penguin Birthday Party - just looooove this guy! 

I colored this cuddlesome guy with my Copics. Papers are older ones from my stash, I think they are Maja Design. I also used two of the new dies to cut out some embellies for my card. The NEW Cherry Blossom Panel die - such a fantastic and versatile die - and also the "happy" word die of the NEW Word Die Set - Smiles, Happy and Celebrate . Flowers are from my stash as well as the pearls. The cut out balloons are made with a retired Whimsy die, just want to mention in case if you are wondering. Oh yes and the word stamp "Birthday" is from the NEW Magical Birthday Wishes Set.

Colors used: Unfortunately I did not write down the Copic colors. *sigh* I have to get better with this. I always receive messages from some of you asking about the colors used and I am so bad taking notes.
Ok so lets see if I can remember what I used to color this little guy.

For the black on the Penguin I used the C-grays (9,7,5,3) and B41. I rarely use the color black at all. The Balloon is colored using the blues from the B90's. The pressie is E70 and 71, ribbon is BG70, 72, 75. Yellow is Y38, 15, 13, 11 and YR27 for shading. Hmmm and for the green of the hat I think I used G40, 43, 46. I also used a toner grey, I think is was T3, on some parts of the image to get an even darker shading.


Here is my second card in a more clean and simple style using the NEW Word Die Set - Birthday, Wishes and Magical.


The background was done with Brusho again - black and purple. Looks like I have a hard time to stay away from that stuff  *ggg* Then I simply cut out the three words and sprinkled on some thinned out Gesso. To finish up the card I added some mulberry flowers, rhinestone swirls and a few sequins. A fairly quick card with a stunning background effect that makes the cut out words pop, thanks to the Brusho.


I'll be back tomorrow with a new creation, make sure to stop by again! Don't forget to visit our FB Group to see some stunning inspiration from my DT sisters and to have the chance on winning some amazing prizes and celebrate the new release with us!

Hugs,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time and leaving me some love! It's greatly appreciated and just made my day! :-)