July 3, 2011

Bookmark with Origami Flower



Happy Sunday Everyone! Over at our lovely-hAnglar-only challenge blog is a new challenge starting today! This fortnights theme is a color challenge:
Blue-Brown-Cream


For my challenge creation I made a corner bookmark with an Origami flower dangle. It is called a Kusudama flower. When browsing the web a few weeks ago I saw a bookmark with a flower like that attached and just loved the idea and wanted to try it. Unfortunately I don't know anymore where it was.
This was actually my first try with Origami at all. So please be lenient with me as it is not perfect at all. But I had so much fun folding and assembling it. I'm pretty sure I like to try some more Origami folding in the future! I colored the image using Copics and airbrushed around it. The DP is a digital paper from Nitwitt Designs.


I colored the image using Copics and airbrushed around it. Color used are E11, E01, E00 & E000 for skin -  Blues: B21, B24, B28 - Brown/Hair: E31, E34, E39 - Cream: E40, E41, E43 - Wings: B000, B0000 - Airbrushing: E42

And here's a close-up on the Kusudama flower. For the dangle I used a brown ribbon and also attached a few pearls to it (can't be seen in this photo). As the flower center I added a button.

The DP is digital paper from Nitwitt Designs. Dies and punches used are Spellbinders and EK Success. Rhinestone swirls are from Recollections. 

I hope you like to join in our fun challenge and I'm looking forward seeing your creation HERE

Thanks for stopping by and please come back tomorrow for the start of a new BnW challenge :-)

Luv 'n Hugs


4 comments:

  1. So gorgeous Iris,I love the image and the colours.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. I think your flower turned out great. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love the colours and the flower is fab. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Iris, I adore the flower and I love the way you have coloured the hanglar, all in all superb my freind xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time and leaving me some love! It's greatly appreciated and just made my day! :-)