Monday, April 11, 2011

Fairies, Fairies, Fairies.....

Hello friends and Happy Monday! In my posting today I have two projects to show.  The Whimsy sneak peek and the new BnW Challenge. So make sure to scroll all the way down to the second card as well. Thanks!

Today is Day 4 of the Whimsy Sneak Peeks only 1 more day to go until the big release day on Wednesday! YAY!!! I like to show you a super cute little fairy today :-) I LOVE Fairies!!! They've always fascinated and enchanted me.

This cute little girl is one of the soon to be released images and called  'A Curious Little Fairy' from the Whimsy Meljens Design Collection. I colored her with my Copics and added looots of sparkle to her wings  and all over the card using Stickles. Fairies just have to have lots of bling :-) The circle sentiment is also from the April release, 'Party Mini Letter Seals' and they will be availabe Wednesday in the store. DP is from Basic Grey.


On the tag the balloons and sentiment is from the 'Party Mini Letter Seals' as well. And the die is the new 'Double Scallop Tag Die'.



I hope you liked my little Meljens Sneak today and I hope you like to come back tomorrow for another and last sneak before the big release day! To see more inspiration from my talented Whimsy's DT sisters please visit the Whimsy Inspirational blog for a list of todays participating DT blogs.


****************************************



Oh what a great day I have two fairy projects to show today...LOL. It's Monday and time for a new fortnightly Belles 'n Whistles Challenge. This time our wonderful and super talented DT sister Kathrin aka Krümel is the host and she decided on a

Color Challenge: Green - Blue - White

Oh my...when I first saw all the new images from the just released Fairy Collection I was in heaven. All the cuteness!!! This little pumpkin is called 'A Fairy Good Rest'. Awwww how cute is she hanging over that leave and trying to take a nap!!!! I colored her skin using Copics and the rest is colored with Derwent Coloursoft  Pencils and no blender or OMS was used.

I added some glitter to her wings with a Sakura Gel Pen and some MS glitter on her head. Her dress is paper pieced and shadows were added using pencils.


I enter this card into the Wild Orchid Challenge 'Wings'
I hope you like to join us at the BnW Challenge Blog in this fun color challenge and please also visit the wonderful creations of my DT sisters for even more inspiration!!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great start into the week!
Hugs,

11 comments:

Dianne said...

Both of these are gorgeous! Love the tag and the new seals. Great coloring.

Hugs,
Dianne
http://mypaperhugs.blogspot.com/

*Vicki* said...

Oh my!! Iris, such a beautiful job on both creations girl!! LOVE your Whimsy sneak peek with the colors and glittery wings!! And I just adore your BnW creation...that image is so sweet!! :) Beautiful job with both girl!! Have a wonderful day!! Smiles, Vicki

Larisa said...

They are both so cute! love the Fairies a lot))) These cards are wonderful!!!!

Kathy said...

Gorgeous fairy cards Iris!!!! Both are so lovely! Love the colors and details on the first one!
Your BnW one is so cute!! Love this sweet little gal and your choice of papers are beautiful!
Hope you have a great week!
:)Kathy

CraftyC said...

These are both gorgeous cards Iris, such pretty colours and the image are so cute
Clairexx

Farina said...

Die Elfen sind ja wirklich süß und mal ganz andere Motive.
Deine Karten damit sehen wunderschön aus.

Liebe Grüße
Silvia

Chrissy said...

Two gorgeous creations..sooo pretty..
Luv CHRISSYxx

Riet said...

So gorgeous cards Iris,I love the images and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Fairies,Fairies everywhere!What lovely cards!Awesome job!
Hugs,
Chris

Michele said...

Such gorgeous cards Iris. Love the sweet images and the details. Hugs Michele x

Elise said...

Oh gosh Iris! What a beautiful job on both cards! You did your blue/green/white combo fabulously!!! Your colouring is GORGEOUS and she's such a cutiepie isn't she?!! hehe! These are STUNNING!

Big Hugs,
Elise