Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Back From Vacation & ISB Challenge 34


Hello everyone! My vacation time is over and it's back to everyday life now. I had a blast the last weeks together with my daughter Kim who was visiting me. Well and one outcome from her vacation here is that she is now totally infected with the stamping virus..LOL :-D. So we were strolling through craft stores (not only of course ;-) ) and had so much fun! But enough blabbering for now as my time is very limited today and I have still a lot of errands to run.

I know I'm a little late and our 34th ISB Challenge which already started on Sunday but I was able to make a card even with all the 'vacation stress' going on *lol* and I would like to show it you today.  This weeks theme is BOW'S! Yay, my favourite as I love to use ribbons and make bows on my cards!! :-) This is also a birthday card for a friends mother who is turning 85 soon and she likes pink. Hope she'll like it.


The image is from Magnolia and called Tulip Tilda. I colored it using my Copics. DP is from KI Memories and Basic Grey.



I used sparkly glitter pens to set some highlights on Tilda and the tulip.


The sentiment stamp is from Whimsy stamps and the large white rose bud from Michaels.


I used a Magnolia Doohickey die to cut out the swirls. The large flower is also from Michaels and the petit rose from Whimsy. The pin is selfmade using beads from my stash.



The sentiment on the inside is from WOJ.



This card is also my entry for the following challenges: 

Friday Sketchers 119: Sketch

Wild Orchid Challenge 5 :  Pins & Pearls


Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog today!

Hugs to you all,







10 comments:

Renkata said...

Iris you have created such a STUNNING card!

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Iris. Love the pretty papers and Tilda is beautifully coloured!
Clairexx

sasibella said...

Hallo Iris
Schön das du wieder da bist.Ich hoffe dein Urlaub war erholsam.
Die Karte ist wieder wundervoll.Die Farbkombi ist total klasse.
LG
Sandy

Martinas Welt said...

Wunderschöne karte und toll, dass du deine Tochter auch mit dem Stempelvirus infisziert hast! ;) LOL
Hoffe du konntest deinen Urlaub genießen und bist erholt! =)
Martina

Andrea said...

Hi Iris! Glad you are back. This is really cute. :)

Kristel said...

That's a stunning card Iris!! Really beautifull!
Hugs Kristel

Riet said...

So beautiful card Iris,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Janneke said...

Awesome card, thank you for joining us at Friday Sketchers this week!

Janneke X

Kianel said...

Gorgeous creation,
love from France, Kianel.

Kathy said...

Welcome back Iris!!!
Gorgeous card! Such pretty papers and colors!!! This Tilda is adorable and your coloring makes her that much cuter!!
Hope you have a great start to your week!
:)Kathy