August 19, 2010

Happy Anniversary & VACATION!!! :-)



Hello all and thanks for stopping by and visiting me here today! This will be my last post for approx. the next 3-4 weeks. Vacation time...woohoo! :-) I'm so looking forward to it and it's also nice to give my creative mojo a rest ;-)


The card I want to show to you today was made to order. It's an anniversary card and the couple who's celebrating love's red. so I did my best using lots of red ;-)

The image is from Magnolias 'Wedding Collection' and I colored it using Distress Inks this time. I"ve stamped onto 300g /140lb hot press watercolor paper with Archival Ink black.




I also used Magnolia Doo Hickey dies (tag, swirls and border) and punches from MS (heart and heart border (visible in first picture on the back of the envelope)) The papers are Basic Grey (DP) and Bazzill (CS).




I'll list the colors I've used at the end of this posting.






The flowers are from Whimsy stamps and the chandelier crystals from Michels (wedding section). The pearl heart I found recently at craftembellishmentworld.com. Sentiment is from Alota.




I also decorated the inside. The heart stamp is from Magnolia as well (from the 2009 Valentine's collection, if I'm not mistaken). And the doilie heart punch is a MS punch again.






And here is a final look at the card and the matching decorated envelope.


Distress Inks used:

Skin: Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Tattered Rose, Aged Mahagony
Dress: Fired Brick, Barn Door
Shirt: Antique Linen, Tea Dye
Pants: Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass
Hair: Hers- Scattered Straw, vintage photo
        His - Brushed Corduroy, Black Soot
Shoes: Black Soot (his) and Twinkling H2O's 'Iridescent Red' (hers)
Flowers: Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey

Also used: Stickles (Star Dust, Red)  Spica Glitter Pen red and Star Dust Crystal Glitter Pen, Rhinestones
and Fiskars Epoxy Glitter Sticker Swirl.

Challenge I'm entering with this card:

Magnolia Down Under: It takes two! Tilda and Edwin must be used.


Ok so I'll hopefully see you here again in 3-4 weeks. Maybe there will be 1 or 2 postings going up until I'm away. Depending if I can manage to finish 2 creations I already started..... will see how things go today and tomorrow! But after that I won't be on the computer as much at all...

Have great day all!









17 comments:

  1. What a wonderful creation !!! I just LOVE Tilda in red !!! Great choice.
    Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! Love how you have blinged up the swirl and have it overlapping the edge of the card! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is beautiful, love love love this card your colours are great and the swirls, hearts and flowers are so lovely. Beautiful the matching envelope. You made a gorgeous set !!
    thanks for joining us at MDUC this week.
    Hugs, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ganz andere Farben... aber wie alle Deine Werke: wunderschön!!!
    Dann wünsche ich Dir eine erholsame "kreative Pause" ;-)
    Alles Liebe wünscht Dir
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iris, what a beautiful card! Love this couple and the colors you chose for them. You really know how to embellish too!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Iris, das ist ja wieder ein Traum *umfall*
    Ich wünsche dir eine erholsame kreative Pause.
    Liebe grüße aus dem kalten Deutschland
    trabi/Manu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card and the colors are gorgeous. They are going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Iris!!! Love this sweet couple and I am sure the one who requested the card will love it too!! Love all your beautiful details!!
    I hope you enjoy your vacation!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Iris! A beautiful anniversary card! I love the DP and all of the pretty details. The envelope is the perfect final touch.
    Thanks for playing at MDUC this week,
    Hugs
    Kylie
    (And have a wonderful holiday!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Iris, die Karte ist total süß - mir gefällt diese Farbkombi für eine Hochzeitskarte.

    Ansonsten wünsche ich dir einen wunderschönen Urlaub - erhol dich gut.

    Liebe Grüße
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just gorgeous! I LOVE the colours you've used!
    Thanx for joining us at MDUC
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is gorgeous, both inside and out. I love all the bright colours and love the tag and envelope! Thanks for sharing with us at MDUC xoxo Peta

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such happy card. Great colour combo. All details are amaizing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful card Iris,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is extremely interesting for me to read the blog. Thank you for it. I like such themes and everything connected to them. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

    Julia Simpson

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow this is amazing, lots of lovely details. This is my first visit to your blog but I will be back x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time and leaving me some love! It's greatly appreciated and just made my day! :-)