February 21, 2018

Hey There!

Hello Friends! I have another card to share with today where I used one of these beautiful flower stamps from  Whimsy stamps DoveArt line. It is called 'Lilac and Butterfly'.


I stamped onto Strathmore 140lb hotpress watercolor paper using Versamark ink. I heat embossed the image with Ranger's superfine detail white embossing powderBecause it is hard to see when coloring a white outlined image on white watercolor paper I always stamp my image a second time in black onto a piece of scrap paper for reference. 
I then watercolored the image using Daniel Smith (DS) watercolors in Quinacridone Magenta, Rose of Ultramarine, Quinacridone Deep Gold, Titanium White and Sap Green. I've added some soft glitter to the butterfly with a Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen and some more bling using Nuvo glitter drops in golden sunset in some areas of the lilac. The background was done with DS Manganese Blue-Hue.

Here is a close-up: 



To finish off my card I used a light pink heavy cardstock base and a layer of black cardstock to make the image more pop. I stamped the sentiment from the
Bold Statements clear set by Deb Davis with Delicata pink shimmer ink onto a piece of black cardstock. I layered it with a piece of pink cardstock. To embellish I used some Sequins from the, white string, a pink button and some enamel dots from the It's a Party set.


Here are the Whimsy products I used:

Lilac and Butterfly   Bold Statements   VersaMark Full-Size Ink Pad - Original (Clear)    White Embossing Powder    Morning Glow Sequin Pack     *NEW It's a Party Enamel Dots   Delicata Small Ink Pad - Pink Shimmer   

Hugs,

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time and leaving me some love! It's greatly appreciated and just made my day! :-)