February 6, 2018

Day 6 of the Whimsy February Release Inspiration

Hope you all had a good start into the week! It's Day 6 of the  Whimsy Stamps February Release week. On this last day of our release celebrations I have two cards to share. 

Here is the first one. A bright CAS card using the 'Love Has Four Paws' clear stamp set by Deb Davis from Amped2Stamp This is another set in our line-up of pet sympathy stamps.


To make this card I started out to mask the edges of a panel of 140 lbs Strathmore mixed media paper with Post-it removable labeling tape. I wanted to sponge the background and have the appearance of a frame without using another layer of cardstock. To sponge my background I used TH Distress Inks ( picked raspberry, spiced marmelade and squeezed lemonade). Then I used the Brick Pattern Stencil to lift some of the color. To do that I used a slightly damp baby wipe. I didn't want it to be perfect, I just wanted a bit of the brick pattern effect on my background. When everything was dry I stamped the image and sentiment using Versafine ink



For my second card I had a play with the 'Unconditional Love' set also illustrated by Deb Davis from Amped2Stamp.



For this card I used a A2 size cardstock base (4 1/4 x 11 inches folded cross wise). I cut out a heart shape in the center of the front layer. On the inside I stamped the image with Versamark ink and embossed with black embossing powder. I made sure that when the card is closed the image will show perfectly through the cut out heart shape. The sentiment on the inside was stamped with Versafine ink. To finish my card I spritzed some black spreckles on the outside using a black Distress marker and the TH Distress tool. I stamped the small sentiment with Versafine Crimson Red ink and added a few sequins and enamle dots.

and here is a look at the inside of the card:




Whimsy products used:


*NEW Love Has Four Paws   *NEW Unconditional Love   Brick Pattern Stencil   Versafine Full-Size Ink Pad - Onyx Black    Versafine Full-Size Ink Pad - Crimson Red   VersaMark Full-Size Ink Pad - Original (Clear)   Black Embossing Powder   Christmas Cheer Enamel Dots   Valentine Sequin Assortment



This concludes our  Whimsy Stamps February release. I hope you all had as much fun with this new release as I did. I will be back later this week with some more inspiration! 


Thanks for visiting!

Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time and leaving me some love! It's greatly appreciated and just made my day! :-)