September 25, 2017

Darling Daisies - watercolored

Hello crafting friends! Today I want to share a card with you where I used an older Whimsy rubber stamp called Darling Daisies, from the Crissy Armstrong Collection.

I used my ZIG Clean Color Brush Markers to stamp the image as well as color it. This was a new technique for me but I have to say I really do like it. I like the soft watercolor look and the 'no-lines' effect.


I took the stamp and mounted it onto a stamping platform. I used my Mini Misti for that. I then colored directly onto the stamp with my ZIG pens. One color after another and stamping in-between color applications. An easy task if you use a stamping platform. 

After stamping I let the image dry some what. I used a waterbrush to soften the stamped lines, added more color with my ZIG pens (i applied it directly to the paper with the ZIG pen) and colored and softened it again using the waterbrush. For the petals and the stems/leaves I used the lighter color to stamp and darker color to add some more depth. Except for the flower-head where I used the darker color to stamp. It is such a fun technique and I'm totally in love with the outcome and watercolor effect. Especially for flower images this technique is awesome. I'm sure you will see me using it on other images too in the future. The background was done using Distress inks (pads)


The paper I used is Canson cold-press 140lb watercolor paper. For this technique I liked to have a bit more of a rough texture unlike my smooth hot-press paper which I usually use to watercolor stamped images.

The sentiment is from the Wedding Day clear set. 



Colors used:

ZIG Clean Color Brush Pens:

Olive Green (used for stamping), Mid Green,
Bright Yellow, Light Brown (used for stamping),
Pale Grey (used for stamping), Haze Blue, Shadow Mauve (used for stamping)

Distress ink pads (for background):
Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap

Other:
Wink of Stella clear - to add some sparkle to the flower-head


Whimsy products used:
Darling Daisies    Wedding Day    Christmas Cheer Enamel Dots




Thanks for visiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time and leaving me some love! It's greatly appreciated and just made my day! :-)