August 16, 2017

Whimsy Stamps August Rubber and Clear Release - Day 1


The Whimsy Stamps August Rubber and Clear Release is live now in stores ! To celebrate this new release with lots of amazing images and dies please visit our FB group where the Whimsy DT has lots of new release inspiration projects to share over the next few days! Also see the Whimsy Inspirations Blog for details about the release.

Here are my creations for today:


On my first card I used the new rubber stamp 'The Infant King'. Before I started coloroing I cut out part of the image using a star die from the Pierced Stars set. I also cut a piece of fun foam using the  same star die. Then I colored the image using only Copics from the E40's group. The star part of the image I colored with colors I would normally use for a nice effect. I layered the colored star onto the fun foam star and adhered it back onto the main image.  The background / outline was done using 90% alcohol, a brush and some Copic ink. I scribbled onto a little acrylic block like I would with my water based markers. I could have used refill ink as well but did not want to use much color, so I did it this way.Then I used the brush to pick up some color and the alcohol was my 'water'.  I like the effect it created and it was a really fun way to use Copics. To cut out the pointed edge I used the straight edge die from the  Pierced Border Die Trio. Sentiment is from a retired set. I added a panel of striped DP and some dots in matching colors.

*NEW The Infant King   Pierced Stars Die Set      Pierced Border Trio Dies



For my second card I used a NEW super fun Halloween clear set by Deb Davis, called Grim Reaper. To see her full line of Whimnsy stamps please click HERE.

 
I stamped the image with black VersaFine ink onto hot pressed water color paper and fuzzy cut it. I added some light color shades to the image with Distress Markers. The background was created using Distress Oxide inks. I love how easily you can blend the Oxide inks and how smooth it looks. They take a bit longer to dry than regular distress inks would but it is definitely worth the wait! Distress Oxide colors I used: Black Soot, Broken China, Spiced Marmalade and Fossilized Amber. The sentiments are included with the set. I stamped the Halloween Greetings sentiment with VersaMagic chalk ink and the sentiment on the lower part of the card was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed w/ white embossing powder.  Other products used: Draculas Coffin Die Set, Dracula I Compel You Die Set, and Stitched Border Trio to create the Hills.


*NEW Grim Reaper   *NEW Dracula's Coffin Die Set   Stitched Border Die Trio   *NEW Dracula I Compel You Die Set  






1 comment:

  1. VERY cool technique on your Nativity card and absolutely LOVE your haunted Halloween grim reaper scene - perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time and leaving me some love! It's greatly appreciated and just made my day! :-)