April 25, 2017

Happy Birthday Shaker Card - Whimsy DT


Happy Tuesday! After being on a little getaway over the Easter holidays I had no creation to share last week but I am back with a new card today.

Do you like shaker cards? I think they are so much fun and no matter if the recipient is little or grown-up I'm sure they will love them too!

Here I used the Shaker Builder Die set to cut out the frame for my shaker card.

The flowers are from the NEW Pretty Big Flowers clear set. I used my Misti to stamp the first layer on white card stock and the second outline layer on vellum. I stamped using Distress Oxide inks and in addition to stamping the outlines on vellum I also embossed them with clear embossing powder. If you heat emboss on vellum make sure to pre-heat your heating tool so your embossing powder melts faster, thus avoiding the vellum to warp from the heat. But still be careful not to over heat and damage the vellum. Then I layered the flowers together, adhered the layeres with glue dots and cut them out. I did the same with the leaves.
I was inspired by Jennifer McGuires video here where she demonstrated the vellum layering technique. The two twigs behind the yellow flower were stamped onto the background panel of the shaker card.
The happy birthday was cut out using the New word die sets Smiles, Happy and Celebrate and Birthday, Wishes and Magical. I embossed it with silver embossing powder and the dot on the i is a tiny silver pearl.

As filling for my shaker card I used different colored sequins - silver, white and pink. Some of the sequins are from the Valentines Sequin Assortment.

Thanks for visiting! 

Hugs,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time and leaving me some love! It's greatly appreciated and just made my day! :-)