February 15, 2017

Hearts, Hearts, Hearts and DIY Stencil



Happy Wednesday Stamping Friends! Today I have a little How-To to share. Did you know that Whimsy Stamps sells DIY Stencil sheets for making your own stencils? It is super fun and also super easy to make your own stencils.

You just use dies and cut out your favorite shapes and voila you have a stencil. I used the heart border die from the Card Builder - Hearts of Love set. I cut it 4 times using one of the blank stencil sheets. You just have to be careful when placing your dies on the sheet multiple times that it doesn't overlap where you already have cut outs. I used washi tape to secure the die on the stencil sheet to keep it from shifting. It's best to offset the dies when making kind of a background stencil like I did here.. As you can see on my stencil I rushed and didn't pay enough attention and two of the smaller hearts are too close together. Oh well, it is not perfect but I will use it anyway. ;-)

 
Here is the card where I used the stencil. I made my own background paper using Distress Crayons and my newly made stencil. (using the baby wipe technique) Then I cut out the large heart using the smallest die from the Stitched Hearts die set.

The large heart was also heat embossed in black around the edges. The small heart and the stitched heart border are also from the Card Builder - Hearts of Love set. The sentiment is from the newly released Friendly Flowers set. To create the red matching background I used a Distress marker (candied apple) and the Distress marker "Spritzer Tool" . A button and some burlap twine finish off my card.




1 comment:

  1. Oh love this really stylish love the stencils too love cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time and leaving me some love! It's greatly appreciated and just made my day! :-)