June 5, 2013

Happy Mail



Happy Hump-Day Everyone! Mid-week already and I still have thousands of things to do this week. Wish my days had 36 hours instead of 24 at the moment. Also still need to put some new flowers in my pots around the house. The spring flowers are gone and it's time to plant some nice colorful summer flowers.  Otherwise it looks so sad with the empty pots ;). But nevertheless I want to take the time and share a creation with you today! One that I made a few weeks ago and that was published in the newest Whimsy Inspirations Magainze.


*PREORDER - Issue 12, Apr 2013 - Australia/New Zealand Ship - Click Image to Close


The card I made shows one of the beautiful flower images from Whimsy's Moma's Collection, designed by Monika Martinson and it's called Spring Tulips:

This time I colored the tulips using my Distress Inks (pads & refills, see all colors I used further down). BTW tulips are one of my favorite flowers :) Papers I used are from MME and the sentiment is from Whimsy's Sentiment Collection: Everyday Button Sentiment and cut out with the matching Button Die. Flowers are from WOC.The image is cut out with oval nesties and layered onto Spellbinders Floral Ovals.

Distress inks used:
Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Mustard Seed,
Spiced Marmalade, Iced Spruce, Mowed Lawn,
Pine Needles, Gathered Twigs and Salty Ocean.

The pussy willow image and the sentiment on the inside of the card are also part of the Spring Tulips set. The card shape is cut out using Spellbinders Labels 28.


Thanks for visiting me today and have a wonderful rest of the week!

Hugs,




4 comments:

  1. wow iris this is stunning!!! i just love the colours and the black really pops on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning card! Very beautiful! Helena xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Iris, your work is always stunning & a delight I wait for each day to see what new things you create. No matter what medium you use it's always gorgeous work.
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Iris.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time and leaving me some love! It's greatly appreciated and just made my day! :-)