July 8, 2010

A Fairy Tale.....

Hi all and thanks for visiting me here today!!! =) My card for today shows another cutie from the new 'Forever Young' collection from Belles 'n Whistles. This is  'Fairy Play' and doesn't she look magically? I colored her using my Copics and on her dress I used the feather blending technique which I really love.





My DP is from Basic Grey's Kioshi collection and the sentiment stamp is from Catslife Press. Again I was able to join the MMSC challenge this week which is #61 and had lots of fun playing with Priscilla's sketch!






For the sparkle and twinkle on her wings, flower-tiara and wand I used Stickles and a Sakura glitter pen.




And because I always have problems fitting my cards in regular square envelopes with all the embellies on them I decided I make another card in a box set. Besides that it is also very nice to present the card in a matching box to someone.




This is the outside of the box. The butterfly was cut out using my cricut and the 'Home Accents' cartridge.






The heart punch is from MS and the flower is selfmade using the technique shown in Magnolia Ink #3.




Thanks for taking the time and looking around here. I hope you are having a nice day whatever you are up to. =)
This card is also for sale in my Etsy Shop!

Hugs,

10 comments:

  1. Das ist aber eine schöne Karte geworden, Iris. Die Farben finde ich immer wieder super schön.
    Du schreibst gar nix mehr in deutsch auf Deinem Blog, schade....ich kann so schlecht englisch.
    LG Annett

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful card Iris,i love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Iris, wünderschön deine Karte. Toll wie du die Fairy Play bemalt hast. Diese beiden Farben, passen perfekt zusammen.
    Teusch ich mich oder hast du dein Web-design geändert ? Gefällt mir sehr gut.

    Liebe Grüsse
    Melanie-Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iris-this is just gorgeous. What a beautiful color combination. Your image is such as sweet and adorable as it can be. I love all the creative elements on this wonderful card. What a beautiful job you did with the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Iris - you know I am going to tell you that I LOVE this don't you! The image is way too adorable and I love the circle sentiment - just gorgeous!! Your colours are so pretty and your embellishing - too adorable! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, we hope to see you next week! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful! I love the handmade flower is gorgeous..and the added sparkle is just gorgeous! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  7. Iris, I'm in LOVE with your whole creation this week!! From the card to the coordinating box! Your image is awesome and beautifully colored and sparkled. LOVE your choice of the 3 panels to the left side of the image and your hand-made flower is beyond BEAUTIFUL!! I really love this!!

    Thanks SO MUCH for joining us in The Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and I really hope you will share your talent with us again next week!

    Hugs
    pam
    MMSC-GD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Iris, thanks for dropping by my blog post for the Belle and Whistles challenge!

    I love this fairy play image! and I love your colouring! And I like the green and purple colours combination too!

    Adeline

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok well first..thank you for the extra pictures.. Many people only leave one picture and it really is not enough. Second, I LOVE the colors of course. And last..the image is so cute and your quality is wonderful. What a awesome entry and Great take on the sketch too. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenges.
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh and I love the side hearts too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time and leaving me some love! It's greatly appreciated and just made my day! :-)