Monday, July 12, 2010

BnW Challenge - A Sketch & A Little Candy For You!

Pin It
The Candy is closed! I will announce the winner shortly!



Happy Monday Everyone! Hope you all had a fab summery weekend and lots of time to enjoy some spare time and maybe some crafting too?! I in deed did enjoy our hot Summer weather down here with lots of time outside by the pool. But I also had some fun in my craft room altering this little journal. It's going to be a diary for my daughter Kim.

I made this using the sketch provided by our talented Jacque for our Belles 'n Whistles Challenge this week! Here is the sketch:



And here is what I came up with using the sketch:






I colored sweet 'Eden with Teddy' using my distress inks. The image was stamped with Archival Ink onto 140lb/300g hot pressed water color paper from Lanaquarelle. For all the bling I used Stickles Stardust and Arctic Ice.  The flowers are from Prima and Whimsy stamps and the leaves are punched out using a MS leaf punch. I distressed the flowers and leaves with brushed corduroy and added Stickles as well.  Finally I spritzed the whole project using Glimmer Mist Baby Breath to give it a nice shimmer all over.





The sentiment stamp is from Catslife Press and my DP is  Bo Bunny. The little journal I found at Michaels.

This really is an awesome sketch Jacque made and so much fun to play with. So I hope you like to join us in this weeks Belles 'n Whistles Challenge and have some fun with the sketch too! I look forward to all your wonderful creations!

I am also entering this card into Wild Orchid Crafts first challenge which is 'Say it with flowers'

I will be on a little break for the rest of the week :-) My best friend is visiting from Germany and we haven't seen each other in almost 2 years. So there won't be much time for crafting this week only lots of fun and chatting, chatting chatting....LOL 

That's why I have a little CANDY for you!!!!

Would you like to win TWO Belles 'n Whistles stamps from the newest relase 'Forever Young'? Yes? Well then just leave me a comment here on this post (only ONE per Person please). And if you like to have a bigger chance of winning  the candy enter our ongoing Belles 'n Whistles Challenge and I will  enter your name twice for the drawing!!! The candy closes Sunday July 18th 6pm MEST (which is 12 noon EST) together with our challenge. I will announce the winner Monday July 19th in the course of the day.

Ok and here are the two stamps you can win:




Having said this I wish all of you good luck and have a fabulous week! Hope to see you at our challenge blog!

Thanks for stopping by!
Luv & hugs,

26 comments:

Lorraine said...

oh wow this is the most beautiful project the colouring and the image are both beautiful and thankyou so much for this amazing chance of winning.Unfortunately i can't join in the challenge as i am still waiting for my very first Belles and Whistles stamp to arrive but who knows it could arrive in time I can't wait xx

Bobbi said...

What a lovely project. I love this image, she is so sweet. Thanks for the chance to win some BnW stamps from the new release. I am going to try to enter the challenge this week, depends on time, I am trying to get ready to leave for vacation on Friday.

MarieL said...

What a beautiful journal, Iris. The cover looks gorgeous. What a sweet image and your coloring is exceptional as usual.
Thanks for the chance to win the Belles and Whistle stamps.

Viel Spass mit Deiner Freundin.

Penni said...

Fabulous project, it's so pretty.

Thanks for the chance to win some lovely stamps.

Hugs
Penni
X

x laura x said...

wow what a lovely creation of yours(but then it doesnt surprise me.
And what a lovely giveaway. I will be making my BNW card this week and adding it to the challenge. Thanks for the chance to win.
x laura x

Melanie-Jane said...

Hi Iris, tolle Kreation. Mir gefällt wie du die kleine Eden bemalt hast. Die ganzen Farben passen super zusammen.
Vielen Dank für dein Candy.

Liebe Grüsse
Melanie-Jane

Riet said...

Ohhhh wowww Iris,This is so beautiful,i love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Twocrafty said...

WOW this is absolutely gorgeous. The image is soo cute and all the sparkle is fab.

Tracy x

Sally said...

Gorgeous creation. visit your blog as often as I can, but have been having so many intenet (not computer) issues for the past 4 months that most of the time it won't let me leave a post. Here's hoping it works this time. Your coloring is stunning...
Thanks for the chance to win.
Hugs,
Sally

Juls said...

wow such an incredibly gorgeous book! I love it! and the little glittery ladybug is just tooo gorgeous for words! Hugs Juls

Lilian said...

OH WOW Iris! Your journal is just STUNNING! I love your coloring and the added shimmer... The details are just beautiful! I am so tempted to buy buy buy specially the sentiment. I see it almost anywhere now ;)
Lils
ps: Your new blog looks awesome!

CraftyC said...

Wow Iris, this is just gorgeous. So beautifully coloured and I love the image!
Clairexx

artfulwhimsies said...

What a great little journal~ the coloring is so pretty!

elsi67 said...

Lovely card ♥ Thank you so much for participating in the WOC challenge!

Barb and Marcia said...

The journal is just adorable. Thanks for the chance to win two beautiful stamps. Barbara

Farina said...

Iris, your daughter Kim can be glad.
This project ist so beautiful, so nice.

Greetings from Silvia

Elise said...

Oh my goodness Iris! This is INCREDIBLE! These colors are PERFECT, and your coloring is DIVINE! sigh ... what a work of art! And the shimmer to everything ... gasp .. you KNOW I love it! hehe! GORGEOUS as always!

ps ... I'm NOT entering in for your candy ... hehe .. I just wanted to leave you some love on your stunning creation! :)

Big Hugs,
Elise

Jodi said...

OH Iris!! What a beautiful notebook cover you have created!! I love the idea and of course your wonderful coloring!
Hugs
Jodi =)

kathy s said...

What a sweet book cover- I love belles and whistle stamps they are ALL so sweet but I don't have any yet so I would love to win some.

Paula said...

Absolutely glorious colours & a lovely idea for the cover. Shall try to get an entry done for the challenge. Shall be back if I manage it. Thanks for a chance of these new stamps.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Judith Veldhuizen said...

Beautiful Project!!! I really love the stamps you are giving away! i've put your candy on my sidebar... I allready was a follower of yours ;)

karlinchen50 said...

Hallo Iris, danke für den netten Kommentar auf meinen Blog und den Hinweis für dein Candy.
Schönes Wochenende wünsche ich dir liebe Grüße Karla

danoli said...

WOW Iris ist das süß und die vielen glitzernden Details klasse!!!

Vielen Dank für die Chance das tolle Candy gewinnen zu können.

LG Dana

Jovita AKA Tia Goofy said...

found your blog will hopping beautiful cards, love your coloring. will be back ;>

Anonymous said...

HELP! I’m currently being held prisoner by the Russian mafia xyzrxyz [url=http://www.buypenisenlargement.com]penis enlargement[/url] xyzrxyz and being forced to post spam comments on blogs and forum! If you don’t approve this they will kill me. xyzrxyz [url=http://www.male-sexual-styles.com]penis enlargement[/url] xyzrxyz They’re coming back now. xyzrxyz [url=http://pills.buypenisenlargement.com]vimax[/url] xyzrxyz Please send help! nitip [url=http://www.male-sexual.com/vimax-pills.html]vimax[/url]

Kim said...

Absolutely amazing creation Iris! GORGEOUS work! Congrats on winning Top 3 at WOC this past challenge!
Hugs~ Kim

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin