December 13, 2009

Frosty the Snowman...



Hello Everyone and a Happy 3rd Advent! Hope you all have enjoyed your weekend so far! I want to show you today my snow globe card. I wanted to try this for some time now and finally I had the time to try it out! And what can I say, it was huuuuge fun to make it. This was just my prototype. I got some more ideas during making it and like to try another one tomorrow.

The image I used is a snowman stamp from The Greeting Farm, colored with Copics. I added Shimmerz to the 'snowy' part of the snowman to achieve that extra crystal glitz of snow. You should be able to see it in the close up. After cutting all my parts and before assembling them I stamped a snowflake background (from Hero Arts) to the light blue circle using Ranger Perfect Medium and added some super fine crystal glitter. For even more snowflake effect I added snowflake outline stickers from Starform. The icicle's were cut using a Martha Stewart border punch, the 'snow' on top of the transparency circle was cut by hand. To the the icicle's I added Stickles Glitter Glue and for the snowy parts on my card I applied Flower Soft. The snow flakes on the front are a CB die, CS is Bazzill and DP is Basic Grey. The sentiment is also an outline sticker from Starform.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hallo und einen schoenen 3. Advent! Ich hoffe ihr hattet alle ein schoenes Wochenende soweit! Heute moechte ich Euch meine Snowglobe-Karte zeigen. Ich wollte schon lange eine ausporobieren, habe aber erst jetzt die Zeit dazu gefunden. Es hat aber super viel Spass gemacht. Und mir sind auch so einige Ideen gekommen fuer meine naechste als ich diesen Prototypen hier hergestellt habe ;-).

Das Schneemann Motiv ist von The Greeting Farm. Stempel von the Greeting Farm findet ihr auch hier. Das Motiv ist coloriert mit Copics und um einen frostigen Effect fuer die Schneeteile des Schneemannes zu erzielen habe ich Shimmerz verwendet. Bei den Nahaufnahmen kann man das denke ich ganz gut erkennen. Nach dem Auschneiden aller Teile und vor dem Zusammenbauen habe ich auf den hellblauen HG-Kreis mit einem Stempel von Hero Arts und Ranger Perfect Medium Schneeflocken gestempelt und dann mit utrafeinem Glitter bestaeubt. Um noch mehr Schneeflocken Akzente zu setzen habe ich dann noch Schneeflocken Sticker in silber aufgeklebt. Die Eiszapfen sind mit einem Martha Stewart Border Punch gestanzt und der Schnee auf dem Transparenten Kreis ist freihand ausgeschnitten. Die Eiszapfen sind mit Stickles verziert, die Schneeteile auf der Karte sind Flowersoft. Die Schneeflocken vorne auf der karte sind eine CB Stanze, CS ist von Bazzill and DP ist von Basic Grey. Der Text ist wieder ein silberner Sticker.






















I hope you liked my version of a snow globe card.

And don't forget to enter my candy if you haven't done so already. To enter click here

Another Roses on Paper / Belles 'n Whistles Challenge will start tomorrow and as usual Summer has picked a great prize for one of you! Make sure to check my blog here or our combined Challenge blog tomorrow for all the Information on the new challenge. Hope to see you tomorrow!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ich hoffe Euch gefaellt meine Version einer Schneekugelkarte.

Vergesst nicht mein Candy laeuft noch und wenn Ihr Euch noch nicht eingetragen habt koennt ihr das hier tun!

Eine neue Roses on Paper / Belles 'n Whistles Challenge startet morgen. Und wie immer hat Summer einen tollen Preis gestiftet. Schaut doch mal vorbei morgen auf unserem Blog oder hier bei mir um naeheres zu Erfahren ueber die neue Challenge!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!!!

Hugs,

5 comments:

  1. Wow! How do you do it my friend! You always come up with the most stunning creations! Also - a big thank you for your sweet comments about my little Angel girl. I hope people will like her and find her useful for their cards. We'll see -I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Kramis - Anki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say this one is tops so far. I love it! You never fail to amaze me with your creations. I don't think you are ever without your mojo. I adore that little snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow hun this is totally amazing such wonderful detail love it hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ach Iris, die ist ja traumhaft geworden. Ich muss auch noch eine Karte in dieser Form machen, weil meine Mama eine Schneekugel zu Weihnachten bekommt. Da wäre doch nichts besser als diese Kartenform. Deine Karte ist wirklich wunderschön geworden!
    LG
    Katrin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This snowball is so cute, super!

    Warmest greetings, Renata

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time and leaving me some love! It's greatly appreciated and just made my day! :-)